Synthesis, characterization and cytotoxicity of a new palladium(II) complex with a coumarin-derived ligand 3-(1-(3-hydroxypropylamino)ethylidene)chroman-2,4-dione. Crystal structure of the 3-(1-(3-hydroxypropylamino)ethylidene)-chroman-2,4-dione
Authors:Avdović, Edina H.
Stojković, Danijela L.J.
Jevtić, Verica V.
Harhaji Trajković, Ljubica
Marković, Zoran S.
Trifunović, Srećko R.
Article (Published version)
© 2017 Elsevier B.V.
MetadataShow full item record
The new coumarine derivative, 3-(1-(3-hydroxypropylamino)ethylidene)chroman-2,4-dione, and corresponding palladium(II) complex have been synthesized and characterized by microanalysis, infrared, 1H and 13C NMR spectroscopy. The structure of the ligand, solved using a monocrystal X-ray structural analysis, consists of two crystallographic different pseudocentrosymmetrically related molecules of 3-(1-(3-hydroxypropylamino)ethylidene)chroman-2,4-dione, while the structure of the square-planar palladium(II) complex was proposed on the basis of DFT calculations. The palladium(II) complex decreased viability of U251 human glioma and B16 mouse melanoma cells in a dose and time dependent manner, while its ligand exhibited only moderate cytotoxicity.
Keywords:Coumarine-derived ligand; Palladium(II) complex; Cytotoxicity; Crystal structure; Apoptosis; Oxidative stress
- Synthesis, modeling, physicochemical and biological properties of organic compounds and related metal complexes (RS-172016)
- Preclinical investigation of bioactive substances (RS-41010)
- Synthesis, characterization and biological investigation of steroid derivatives and their molecular aggregates (RS-172021)
- Modulation of intracellular energy balance-controlling signalling pathways in therapy of cancer and neuro-immuno-endocrine disorders (RS-41025)
- The role of autophagy in regulation of cancer cell death (RS-173053)
- Bilateral project between Republic of Serbia and Slovak Republic No. SK-SRB-2013-0004
- Project VEGA No. 1/0598/14
In: Inorganica Chimica Acta (2017), 466: 188-196