Diverse replication-associated protein encoding circular DNA viruses in guano samples of Central-Eastern European bats.
Чланак у часопису (Рецензирана верзија)
© Springer-Verlag GmbH Austria, part of Springer Nature 2017
МетаподациПриказ свих података о документу
Circular replication-associated protein encoding single-stranded DNA (CRESS DNA) viruses are increasingly recognized worldwide in a variety of samples. Representative members include well-described veterinary pathogens with worldwide distribution, such as porcine circoviruses or beak and feather disease virus. In addition, numerous novel viruses belonging to the family Circoviridae with unverified pathogenic roles have been discovered in different human samples. Viruses of the family Genomoviridae have also been described as being highly abundant in different faecal and environmental samples, with case reports showing them to be suspected pathogens in human infections. In order to investigate the genetic diversity of these viruses in European bat populations, we tested guano samples from Georgia, Hungary, Romania, Serbia and Ukraine. This resulted in the detection of six novel members of the family Circoviridae and two novel members of the family Genomoviridae. Interestingly, a gemini-like virus, namely niminivirus, which was originally found in raw sewage samples in Nigeria, was also detected in our samples. We analyzed the nucleotide composition of members of the family Circoviridae to determine the possible host origins of these viruses. This study provides the first dataset on CRESS DNA viruses of European bats, and members of several novel viral species were discovered.
This is a pre-print of an article published in Archives of Virology. The final authenticated version is available online at: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00705-017-3678-5
Извор:Archives of Virology, 2017
- Генетичка и фенетичка разноврсност у природним популацијама у различитим срединама - допринос полиморфизма Б хромозома (RS-173003)
- TÁMOP (4.2.4.A/2-11-1-2012-0001)—National Excellence Program
- Szentágothai Talent Program (awarded by the Szentágothai Research Centre, University of Pécs)
- ÚNKP-17-3-III and ÚNKP-17-4-III—New National Excellence Program of the Ministry of Human Capacities
- European Social Fund: Comprehensive Development for Implementing Smart Specialization Strategies at the University of Pécs (EFOP-3.6.1.-16-2016-00004)