A natural food ingredient based on ergosterol: optimization of the extraction from Agaricus blazei, evaluation of bioactive properties and incorporation in yogurts.
Аутори:Corrêa, Rúbia C. G.
Peralta, Rosane M.
Ferreira, Isabel C. F. R.
Чланак у часопису
© 2018 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
МетаподациПриказ свих података о документу
In recent years, mycosterols have emerged as potential functional ingredients for the development of sterol-enriched food products and dietary supplements. Agaricus blazei is a mushroom rich in bioactive compounds. For commercial purposes, their fruiting bodies must obey rigid morphological criteria. Those not conforming to these criteria are usually discarded, although this does not mean impairment of their content in bioactives. The aim of the present work was to propose the use of commercially discarded A. blazei fruiting bodies for obtaining an extract rich in ergosterol as a fortifier ingredient for yogurts. For extraction, the Soxhlet technology was used and the highest ergosterol yield (around 12%) was achieved in the 5thcycle, yielding 58.53 ± 1.72 µg of ergosterol per 100 g of mushroom (dry weight). The ergosterol rich extract presented notable antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, besides showing no hepatotoxicity. When added to the yogurts it significantly enhanced their antioxidant properties. Furthermore, it did not significantly alter the nutritional or the individual fatty acid profiles of the final dairy products. Thus, A. blazei fruiting bodies that do not conform to the commercial requirements of the market and are normally discarded could be exploited for obtaining a natural high added-value food additive, following the circular bioeconomy concept.
Извор:Food and Function, 2018, 9, 3, 1465-1474
- Карактеризација и примена метаболита гљива и утврђивање потенцијала нових биофунгицида (RS-173032)
- CAPES Foundation, Ministry of Education, Brazil (CAPES fellow, process number 88881.120010/2016-01)
- Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT, Portugal)
- FEDER under Programme PT2020 (UID/AGR/ 00690/2013) and (SFRH/ BPD/114753/2016)
- European Structural and Investment Funds (FEEI) through the Regional Operational Program North 2020
- CNPq 307944/2015-8 and 304090/2016-6