Distribution of the meadow lizard in Europe and its realized ecological niche model
Carretero, Miguel A.
Чланак у часопису
© 2018 Informa UK Limited, trading as Taylor & Francis Group.
МетаподациПриказ свих података о документу
ABSTRACTOne of the most interesting but elusive members of the European herpetofauna is the meadow lizard (Darevskia praticola). It is a small, ground dwelling, predominantly forest living lacertid, for which many ecological and biological data are still missing. Moreover, at least for the western part of the species range (south-eastern Europe) its distribution and environmental associations are insufficiently known, likely due to difficulties in detection even with intensive field sampling. Here, we complemented the available literature records with our personal observations and explored the effects of environmental factors shaping the species ecological niche and distribution in Europe using the ecological niche modelling approach from Maxent software. The new records of the meadow lizard fill a gap in its known distribution. The most suitable habitats are in central and eastern Serbia, south-western Romania, and central, southern and south-western Bulgaria. Mean temperature of the coldest quarter, veg...
Кључне речи:Darevskia praticola; Maxent; habitat suitability model; species distribution model; species range
Извор:Journal of Natural History, 2018, 52, 29-30, 1909-1925
- Еволуција у хетерогеним срединама: механизми адаптација, биомониторинг и конзервација биодиверзитета (RS-173025)
- FEDER funds through the Operational Programme for Competitiveness Factors – COMPETE
- PTDC/BIA-BEC/101256/2008 FCOMP-01-0124-FEDER-008929
- UID/BIA/50027/2013 POCI-01-0145-FEDER-006821
- Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research CNCS-UEFISCDI, grant [PN-II-PCE-2011-3-0173]